[Live] WEBCAST JUN 10-11: 2023 North American School of Internet Governance (NASIG)

ISOC_live support at isoc.live
Wed Jun 14 01:16:24 PDT 2023

Here are the NASIG 2023 recordings!

*01 Welcome Messages*
*Eduardo Díaz*, NASIG 2023 Chair
Diana Burley, Vice Provost for Research, American University, Professor,
School of Public Affairs and Kogod School of Business
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512814 (08:59)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/01_Welcome_Messages_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*02 Keynote: A Global Perspective on Inclusion and Accessibility - Derrick
Cogburn*
*Derrick L. Cogburn*, Professor; Executive Director, AU Institute on
Disability and Public Policy and Faculty Director,  AU Internet Governance
Lab, School of International Service and Kogod School of Business
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512843 (1:21:27)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/02_Keynote_-_A_Global_Perspective_on_Inclusion_and_Accessibility_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*03 Digital Inclusivity through Universal Acceptance of Domain Names and
Email Addresses*
Introduction: *Joe Catapano*, North America Stakeholder Engagement Sr
Manager, ICANN:
*Susan Chalmers*, NTIA
*Sarmad Hussain*, ICANN, Sr. Director Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
& Universal Acceptance (UA) Programs
Moderator: *Kathleen Scoggin*, Program Coordinator at the Tech, Law, and
Security and Inclusive Tech Policy Programs at American University
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512867  (1:16:59)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/03_Digital_Inclusivity_through_Universal_Acceptance_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*04 Importance of Private-Public Partnerships to Building Bridges*
*Dino Thompson*, Director of Community & Media Relations at BUILDjustly.org
*Doug Dawson*, President of CCG Consulting - (remote)
*Andrew Mack*, Founder/CEO AGROMOVIL
Moderator:* Jonathan Zuck*
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512882  (1:02:45)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/04_Importance_of_Private-Public_Partnerships_to_Building_Bridges_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*05 State of the Nation for People with Disabilities*
*Greg Shatan*, North America Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO) Chair
*José Manolo Álvarez*, Professor of courses in assistive technology and
special education at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR), Manolo.net
Foundation Founder
Moderator: *Filippo Trevisan*, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and
Associate
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512891 (1:05:08)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/05_State_of_the_Nation_for_People_with_Disabilities_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*06 Broadband Strategies in United States and Canada*
*Grace Abuhamad*, NTIA
*Marita Moll,* Telecommunity Canada
*Ron da Silva*, Network Technologies Global
Moderator:* Jane Coffin*, Connect Humanity, Senior Advisor
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512908 (1:07:19)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/06_Broadband_Strategies_in_United_States_and_Canada_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*07 Women pioneers and Inclusion *
*Marita Moll*, Telecommunity Canada
*Kathy Kleiman*, author, lawyer, professor, and storyteller
*Tripti Sinha*, ICANN Board Chair
Moderator: *Naela Sarras*, ICANN Vice President of Stakeholder Engagement
in North America
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236512923 (1:08:06)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/07_Women_pioneers_and_Inclusion_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*08 Day 2 Welcome Message*
*Eduardo Díaz*, NASIG 2023 Chair
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236531738 (01:48)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/08_Day_2_Welcome_Message_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*09 Keynote: Internet for all! Where are we - Doreen Bogdan-Martin*
*Doreen Bogdan-Martin*, Secretary-General of the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Reactions:
*Derrick L. Cogburn*, Professor; Executive Director, AU Institute on
Disability and Public Policy and Faculty Director,  AU Internet Governance
Lab, AU School of International Service and Kogod School of Business
*Wolfgang Kleinwächter*, Professor Emeritus, University of Aarhus in
Denmark, Commissioner to the Global Commission on Stability in Cyberspace
(GCSC), and former ICANN Board member
Moderator: *Fiona Alexander*, Distinguished Fellow, AU Internet Governance
Lab and Distinguished Policy Strategist, AU School of International Service
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236532441 (1:29:44)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/09_Keynote_-_Internet_for_all%21_Where_are_we_-_Doreen_Bogdan-Martin_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*10 People-Centered Approaches to Community Resiliency*
*David Hartshorn*, CEO, Geeks Without Frontiers
*Richard Boyd*, CEO, Tanjo Inc.
*Dan York*, Director of Internet Technology, Internet Society
Moderator: *Lorena Molina Irizarry*, Senior Advisor for Puerto Rico
Strategy and Implementation, Office of the Deputy Secretary, U.S.
Department of Commerce & U.S. Census Bureau, White House Puerto Rico
Working Group Liaison
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236531775 (1:24:11)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/10_People-Centered_Approaches_to_Community_Resiliency_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*11 American University Research Space*
Introduction to the Data Analytics Platform (DAP.Live) - *Mark Robertshaw*
 and *Georgia Osborn*
Text Analytics of UDRP Decisions - *Derrick Cogburn* and Team
Cybercrime and Cyber-Enabled Crime  - *Divya Ramjee* & *Eireann Leverett*
DNS Abuse and Misinformation - *Mark Datysgeld*
Moderators: Professor* Derrick Cogburn* and *Emily Taylor*
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236531835 (1:24:19)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/11_American_University_Research_Space_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*12 Seniors and Visually Impaired*
*Shivali Haribhakti*, Director of the Senior Planet Program in Montgomery
County, Maryland.
*Lou August*, Executive Director of WildTech
*José Manolo Álvarez*, Professor of courses in assistive technology and
special education at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR), Manolo.net
Foundation Founder
Moderator:* Lorena Molina Irizarry*, Senior Advisor for Puerto Rico
Strategy and Implementation, Office of the Deputy Secretary, U.S.
Department of Commerce & U.S. Census Bureau, White House Puerto Rico
Working Group Liaison
Video: *Luis Gallegos*, Chair, G3ICT
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236531884 (1:22:52)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/12_Seniors_and_Visually_Impaired_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*13  Wrap up*
*Derrick L. Cogburn*, Professor; Executive Director, AU Institute on
Disability and Public Policy and Faculty Director,  AU Internet Governance
Lab, School of International Service and Kogod School of Business
*Eduardo Díaz*, NASIG 2023 Chair
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/nasig2023/videos/236531928 (17:06)
https://archive.org/download/nasig2023/13_Wrap_up_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

*Photos *