[Live] WEBCAST TODAY: Update on TV White Space Technology

ISOC_live support at isoc.live
Wed May 8 10:42:26 PDT 2019

In a test projec
<https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2019/05/01/wi-fi-digital-white-space-libraries/>t
five libraries around the USA are already using TVWS to connect remote
hotspots in their areas. The FCC's new TV White Space (TVWS) Report and
Order in March tweaks the 2014 rules to rejig the geolocation database
system while permitting higher antennas. Recently Microsoft has now petitioned
the FCC
<https://www.multichannel.com/news/microsoft-petitions-fcc-for-white-spaces-rulemaking>to
launch a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) to rewrite the 2014 rules
altogether. An NPRM will allow the FCC to get stakeholder input before
making any final decision.  We are sure to hear more about that in today's
webinar.

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/tvws>Today, *Wednesday
May 8 2019* at *2pm ET* (18:00 UTC) the I*nternet Society Livestream
Channel* <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/> will simulcast a *SHLB
Coalition <https://shlb.org/>* webinar exploring what the *FCC's amended TV
White Space (TVWS) rules
<https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-19-24A1.pdf>* mean for future
deployments of the technology, and the implications for anchor
institutions. PANEL: *Michael Daum*, Director of Technology Policy,
Microsoft; *Don Means*, Executive Director, Gigabit Libraries Network.
MODERATOR: *Marty Stern*, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson.

*VIEW ON LIVESTREAM: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/tvws/
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/tvws/>*
*PARTICIPATE: https://buff.ly/2IzyJCB <https://buff.ly/2IzyJCB>*
*TWITTER: #TVWS + @SHLBCoalition https://bit.ly/shlbtvws